Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mozzalicious

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 16, 2012
So, I use iMovie to edit all the videos I put up on my youtube, we film them with an Iphone or a Galaxy S3 so I think they're always mp4 files. They've always imported to iMovie no problem, except for today. The video I'm trying to import hasn't been able to; it just says importing, approximately 1 minute and it finishes in 5 seconds (it's almost 2 GB) but the video's nowhere to be found.

I googled a solution and one thread on here talked about mp4 files sometimes being iffy with iMovie so someone provided a file converter, the person who was having the issue was able to to switch them to .MOV files (I believe) and it worked. So, I downloaded the converter, switched the file to a .MOV file and it still isn't anywhere in iMovie :/

Darundal

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2013
So, I use iMovie to edit all the videos I put up on my youtube, we film them with an Iphone or a Galaxy S3 so I think they're always mp4 files. They've always imported to iMovie no problem, except for today. The video I'm trying to import hasn't been able to; it just says importing, approximately 1 minute and it finishes in 5 seconds (it's almost 2 GB) but the video's nowhere to be found.

I googled a solution and one thread on here talked about mp4 files sometimes being iffy with iMovie so someone provided a file converter, the person who was having the issue was able to to switch them to .MOV files (I believe) and it worked. So, I downloaded the converter, switched the file to a .MOV file and it still isn't anywhere in iMovie :/

Can you play the video on your iPhone/S3? If not then maybe the video file is corrupted.

palmharbor

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2007
Can you play the video on your iPhone/S3? If not then maybe the video file is corrupted.

Go to "go" then to utilities, hold down option key...library appears...go to preferences ...find com.apple.pls for iMovie...put in trash...restart...try again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.