Imovie doesn't see Dv Cam

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by IBobby, Jun 24, 2007.

1. IBobby macrumors regular

IBobby

Hey all I have a canon zr700 and Imovie doesn't see it, I have used this cam with imovie before but now it won't let me import nothing, Ive reinstalled tiger and still nothing any ideas?

2. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Have your tried a different cable? or the same camera with a different computer?

3. IBobby thread starter macrumors regular

IBobby

Tried that, different cables, different computers still no luck. :( My first u tube video has gone wrong lol :(

4. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Have you tried it on a PC? sounds like its something to do with the camera. Have you checked system profiler to see if its listed as even being seen?

5. dex22 macrumors regular

Your camera will have a "camera" setting and a "VCR" setting - it must be in the "VCR" setting to be able to import video.

The VCR mode for the Canon ZR700 is entered by switching the mode dial on the right side of the camcorder to the Play setting. When switched to VCR mode the LCD screen immediately displays a diagram for the joystick in the lower right corner of the monitor. When viewing video footage the up arrow controls play/pause, the right arrow controls fast forward, the down arrow controls stop, and the left arrow controls rewind.

6. IBobby thread starter macrumors regular

IBobby

Tried that does not work.

yeah did that too still nothing, however i will call canon and ask if its the firewire port. :d thanks guys.

7. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Yeah if it doesn't work with a PC either sounds like its a the camera's hardware possible.

8. dex22 macrumors regular

Launch iMovie. Plug the camera in, then turn it on. It must already have the tape in.

Have you tried plugging something else into that firewire port to make sure the port is okay?

Sorry, don't know what else to suggest.

9. IBobby thread starter macrumors regular

IBobby

Well aparently I just looked at the firewire port on the camera and it is supposed to be a four pin connection, there is only two pins available, the other two are missing. It looks at the moment that I have a dv cam issue :D man i am sol for vids right now.