Imovie export settings?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by duranduranie, Jan 29, 2010.

1. duranduranie macrumors member

Hi, so I made a video in hd-720p on imovie. I did this because I didn't want my video to have black lines on it, however now I am not sure how to export the video to get full quality settings. When I exported to divx it came out slightly faster than the original video and glitching, and when i uploaed that to Youtube, you could see black lines on the top and bottom of the video again, which i dont want.

Is there any way I can make this video fullscreen without seeing the black pillars, or export it normally without Youtube adding the black pillars and getting full quality? Sorry if this question is hard to understand. I'll appreciate an help, please, thank you.

2. neonkru macrumors regular

can you show us the original movie and the after movie?

3. duranduranie thread starter macrumors member

Hi! Sorry I'm not sure what you mean, do you mean the imovie project?

4. neonkru macrumors regular

no. the video before the import. and the after import. so i can see what you're saying about these black lines

5. mstrze macrumors 68000

I 'Share' directly with Youtube and I don't have any lines in my videos...although I do have pillars.

(I guess I need to know if you mean horizontal black lines or vertical ones?)

There is an option to do this direct export/sharing in the latest version of iMovie...no need to worry over settings.

720p example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyLhylHZmJ8

6. neonkru macrumors regular

honestly i don't see anything weird in the video. looks perfect to me.

i don't like using the direct share. i found it loses quality using the direct share instead of the youtube encoder

7. mstrze macrumors 68000

Well...this is through direct sharing...and you said it looks perfect. ;)

Now this is not the OP's video, it's mine...I have no issues with using the YouTube Share menu and thought the OP might benefit by doing it this way and avoid a lot of headaches.

8. neonkru macrumors regular

ah my bad. i thought it was the OPS video