iMovie export to file

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rcappo, May 9, 2014.

1. rcappo macrumors regular

This is my first time using iMovie, but after I put the clips together it doesn't seem to want to export the 58 minute file. It creates a file that is 1.4 MB instead of 8.7 GB. I tried to select all of the clips at the bottom and then export it to theater, and it picked a 1 minute clip that wasn't even selected or in the finished movie...:confused:

The next thing I would like to do is reuse the opening and end credits as edited in this first movie, but that seems to not work the way I would expect it to either. Do I need to make a new library for every movie I create?

2. firedept, May 9, 2014
    Last edited: May 9, 2014

firedept macrumors 603

firedept

First suggestion, maybe ask the Mods to move this question to the Digital Videos section. There are lots of people who can help you with this.

My first question for you is, what version of iMovie?

Have you created your movie as a project or are you trying to do this as an Event? You will have to create a Project, then create that movie within the Project for it to work.

3. rcappo thread starter macrumors regular

It is iMovie 10.0.3.

I made a new library file on my external drive. I'll have to look when I get home to see if it is an event or a project.

Thanks