iMovie Exporting Issues with Audio.

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by cwazytech, Aug 20, 2009.

1. cwazytech macrumors 6502

I've put together a 20min film with clips from a vacation. The clips have been put to music and all the original audio from the video has been muted, but when I export the movie to iPod, Apple TV, or DVD format the audio from some clip 10-15min in starts playing over the clip 3min in. This doesn't happen when I play the movie before exporting. Its weird and I don't know how to fix it.

2. pennhogwild macrumors newbie

Having the same issue

I'm having the same issue. It's extremely frustrating. It runs fine in the preview pane within Imovie, and when I full screen preview it sometimes works and sometimes the clip sound comes through. No clue what the problem is. When I export the clip sound comes through everytime. All software updates are done, deleted preferences, disk utility fix, and even when back through and re-detached audio. Still not working. If you find a fix to these I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

3. pennhogwild macrumors newbie

fixed my audio exporting issue

Hopefully you have found the fix by now, but I found out my problem. I changed the speed of the picture, and then detached the audio. I then had all my problems of the audio coming through when I exported. I went back and changed the speed back to 100% (real time) and then detached the audio again. Boom, fixed everything. It was a pain to go back through and fix all of it but it works great now. The moral of the story for me is I will not detach audio before I change the speed. Hope this helps.