iMovie exports "silenced" clip sound

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by svdwoude, Oct 18, 2009.

1. svdwoude macrumors newbie

hey,
    having a little export problem with iMovie.
    I made a movie with a collection of clips i filmed, on top of that there's a soundtrack. So I silenced the sound from all the clips, putting the audio volume to 0% (I double checked that).
    When I export the movie i hear trough the soundtrack the sound of some random clips...not all the time, it just seems random...

Anybody could give me some tips? Google couldn't really help me... I really put alot of effort in this movie, it would be a bummer if I can't fix it...

thanks a lot!

2. bel62 macrumors newbie

iMovie exports 'silenced' clip sounds

Hello,
    I cant provide you with an answer to your problem, I was hoping that you could help me with the same problem? My daughter has just finished her A Level Media project, but cant export the finished film without silenced audio from random parts of the film being heard in the background behind the soundtrack on top,... just like yours. The only way you can see the film in its finished and perfect state , is on the Mac she worked on , in the school. She just won an 'Oscar' for it, but she is so sad that she cant burn it onto DVD for her friends and family,...i dont know how the examining board are going to judge it either!!

Beckys mum :-(

3. svdwoude thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey Beckys mom :)

I think I might help. I hope this solution works for you.
    I exported my movie (with the "bad" sound) an started a new project, imported the movie I just exported, silenced all sound and reapplied my soundtrack again.
    This was an option for me 'cause I created a seperate soundtrack wich covered the hole movie.

Hope this helps!