iMovie file type problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by butimagilmore33, Jul 7, 2010.

1. butimagilmore33 macrumors newbie

I made a movie on iMovie and wanted to put it on facebook, so without thinking I dragged it to the desktop to make it easier to find. I forgot to export it and didn't make a copy, and now it won't open and it no longer appears in the iMovie list of projects. Is there a way that I can convert the file back to one that can be opened in iMovie? I worked hard on this video and don't want to have to remake it. I have the footage if it comes to that, but since I've already done it, I'd rather not. Thanks!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Do I understand you correctly, that by opening iMovie and your project, the actual edit (sequence) is gone now?

What kind of file is that file on the Desktop? Press CMD+I to find out more and maybe take a screenshot.

Taking screenshots in Mac OS X.

3. butimagilmore33 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes. When I double click the file on the desktop to open it, iMovie opens, but the movie does not appear. Or, when I open iMovie, the movie does not appear with the rest of my movies in the project library. When I got info on the file from the desktop, the extension was .rcproject. Thank you.

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

5. butimagilmore33 thread starter macrumors newbie