iMovie for iOS Gains Green Screen Effect, New Soundtracks and More

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 11, 2019 at 10:58 AM.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

iMovie for iOS was today updated to version 2.2.7, adding a long list of new features to the video editing app for the iPhone and the iPad.

The update brings a new green screen effect that lets you remove the background of clips shot in front of a green or blue screen, a neat new feature for quickly swapping in a new background.

[​IMG]

Still images with transparent backgrounds, such as logos or graphics, can be inserted on top of your video, and photos can be used as overlays to create picture-in-picture and split-screen effects.

Apple has added 80 new soundtracks across genres that include pop, chill, sentimental, and more, all of which automatically adjust to match the length of your video.

Apple has removed the ability to share to iMovie Theater, and all movies and trailers are now saved to iCloud Photos to watch them on other devices.

There are also a few other minor tweaks and bug fixes, with Apple's full release notes below:
    The iMovie for iOS app is a free download from the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: iMovie for iOS Gains Green Screen Effect, New Soundtracks and More

2. Amacfa macrumors 68000

Amacfa

3. ahunt01 macrumors member

ahunt01

Wow this sound library is awesome. About d@mn time Apple put some effort into updating a neglected iMovie. If only they could add the ability to reverse footage, stabilize footage, as well as make exporting 4K 60FPS a selectable feature, that’d be great...

4. - rob - macrumors 6502

- rob -

This app seemed to have a ton of bugs around audio import. Since I moved to Apple Music and use way less of my Match collection, everything is DRMd away from use in iMovie. It’s pretty annoying, particularly because YouTube now seems to handle most copyrighted music with ads that benefit the publisher.

So I’m not surprised they added a ton of music because it was incredibly limited before.

5. Amacfa macrumors 68000

Amacfa

Anyone have a good app that can pan and zoom on videos?

6. sean_gut macrumors newbie

Hi, new to this forum... Jsut found your article, I can not seem to find that green screen option anywhere on iMovie on my iphone..

7. MacUserUK macrumors member

MacUserUK

It’s shown when you import a clip
    --- Post Merged, Jun 11, 2019 at 12:44 PM ---
    Quick question. Are the colour controls gone? I can’t find them anywhere

8. mixxula macrumors newbie

mixxula

Awesome! I've been waiting for the ability to add a logo. Thanks 

9. sos47 macrumors regular

sos47

i like! i use my iphone instead of using my win10 pc with proshow producer for making good videos. every enhancement of apple photos and imovies is welcome.

10. abrantes09 macrumors member

abrantes09

Welcome to MacRumors!

11. 19callum93 macrumors regular

19callum93

This is great, love using iMovie to edit videos and to quickly throw projects together. These new features will be welcomed.

12. cflem macrumors regular

cflem

If you can figure out how... let me know... .png are greyed out in Files... and when imported to photos they lose their transparency.

13. maverick28 macrumors regular

They removed Theater. Hahaha. It stopped working in iMovie on Mavericks, so it's gone anyway. Irony is ringing.