iMovie for iPad and iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by 2A Batterie, Jun 22, 2011.

1. 2A Batterie macrumors 6502a

2A Batterie

I just purchased this app and wanted to know what other users experiences were. It's actually not bad once you are able to get files into the app. It's just that movies not shot on an iOS device are such a pain to import and that export and standard video file is a hassle as well. Has anyone else had similiar experiences to share? Here's a quick clip I edited while on a 14 hour drive this weekend.

2. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

I use to edit all of my review videos captured with my iPhone 4. At first I didn't find it to be very intuitive but I'm used to it now. I wish there were more controls to fade titles in and out throughout an extended clip rather than having them appear through an entire clip – this makes me break my videos into several pieces to the titles I want to include work the way I want.

Exporting does take some time and I usually have to clear apps and other media off my iPhone to make room for them to be saved to my camera roll. I then import them to my Mac with Image Capture and upload to YouTube from there.