iMovie for iPad!!

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by AJ.G, Aug 25, 2010.

1. AJ.G macrumors member

How awesome would that be?
    This isnt a spam thread,
    i know its kinda random. but dont you guys think making a movie on an ipad would be AWESOME?

2. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

I'd rather see an Aperture app, something that can wirelessly connect to your Aperture library so you can rate, keyword and tag your photos.

3. RobBookPro macrumors regular

Set your Mac to 1024x768

Get iteleport for iPad

Set aperture to full screen.

Enjoy.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Why would you want to transfer movies you made elsewhere to the iPad to edit when you likely have a desktop or laptop more capable of running iMovie?

5. melman101 macrumors 68030

Ooooh ooooh. I can answer this one :). Because, you own the camera connection kit for the iPad. You shoot the movies with your iPhone. You sync your iPhone movies/pictures to your iPad via the CCK. Now, you can work on iMovie on your iPad without having to bring your laptop around.

6. GadgetAddict macrumors 6502

I think it would be great. iMovie for the iPhone works great but I certainly can't work on it for a long period. I believe on the iPad all features could be accessed easier and we could work more comfortably.

7. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

A simple question mark in your post subject would save a click for some of us.

8. duky macrumors 6502

Seriously!

9. akdj macrumors 65816

akdj

Isn't this an iPhone (4) only app?

If that's still the case, it leads me to believe RAM plays a HUGE role in this application. iPhone 3g has 256, the 4 has 512....while the iPad matches the 3g with the 3g. 256 megs.

It might not even be a possibility, without bringing the iPad to it's knees?

Definitely a consideration. I'm all for having a more portable form of video editing than my 17" MBP with FCP (and even this machine has it's issues, compared to home work with the MP or iMac).

I think the next version may allow for it...but I think this is one of the reasons there was no camera on the iPad (not to mention. Digital photo and video editing BOTH take RAM to function optimally. Not one of the stronger suits of the iPad (RAM).

It's pretty cliche these days...this first generation is certainly a consumption device, not a creator. That's where the horse power is needed. For creating media...not necessarily enjoying it (Since we've crossed the hurdle of HD streaming and playback).

My $.02

10. MacVDS macrumors regular

You can do that now with ReelDirector.

11. arctic macrumors 6502a

arctic

This!

ReelDirector has been out for quite a while now.

12. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

but you have to render before playing the video.

good luck testing out the changes made to a video as you edit.

render first
    review
    change
    render again
    review
    change
    render again

13. Diane B macrumors member

You can see most changes in the area you are using like crop or pan. You can't see the whole video without rendering but its not too bad. My alternative is to use Sony Vegas on my main computer. I decided I'm not THAT interested but like doing nice short videos to view on Ipad (taken with GF1 and uploaded with camera connector). I'm a little stymied with fading in and out soundtracks but other than that enjoy ReelDirector. I use it for organizing still slideshows too since that's not possible from within Photos. Its just a nice little app to have if you want to play with video an easier way.

14. jtodd11 macrumors newbie

I would like iWeb and iPhoto before iMovie.

I believe iWeb and iPhoto (not a specific iPhoto app, but just the ability to do simple editing in the Photos app) would be more useful.

15. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Agree. The problem here and other forums is you have some self centered people who think that everyone should read their thread, thus you get the misleading thread titles. Or maybe the OP does not know the effect an exclamation point vs a question mark in a thread title has.

16. Marcus Cyganiak macrumors newbie

iMovie would actually work great on the iPad. Hopefully they introduce this sometime in the future.