Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JudasBlitzkrieg

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
Hi all

I'm putting together a little movie in iMovie on my phone. A friend of mine has filmed a little segment that I want to include on his phone and emailed it to me.

The problem I'm having is, I can't seem to work out how to get the movie from my computer to my phone so iMovie can read it. It's been ripped straight from another iPhone 4S, so it's in the right format. I've synced the video to the phone, but it's showing in the video app rather than the camera roll.

I've tried using application sharing in iTunes to load the video directly into iMovie but that isn't showing either.

Any suggestions?

Cam1

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2012
Hi,

iMovie for iOS only imports from the Camera Roll, so you either can open your email on your phone and save the video to your video to the camera roll, or you can sync your video in iTunes with the Photos tab. Saving it on your device directly is the easiest way since it requires no connection to a computer.

The application sharing for iMovie on iOS in iTunes allows you to only transfer an exported project from your phone into your iTunes library, sadly not the other way around.

Let me know if this helped,

iMovie How To

If you need some more iMovie on iOS help, check out my YouTube playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL588367F285EB010D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.