iMovie frustrations

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by wesg, May 31, 2008.

1. wesg macrumors regular

wesg

Hello MacRumors, I need to share some frustrations, in the hope that the gurus in the area might be able to help me out.

I'm currently running iMovie '06 on Leopard with my MacBook 2.0. I've imported a number of photos into the iMovie clips pane, but iMovie has decided to ditch my alphabetical organization, and arrange them in a completely random way. This is my first frustration. Since I imported +50 photos, I wanted to avoid manually sorting the clips, but alas, that was what I had to do.

Sorting the photos caused me to find my second frustration. I would select a number of clips/photos, and try to move them up slightly. As soon as my cursor reached the top of the pane, it would scroll very quickly to the top. This became extremely frustrating when I got midway down the panel. I tried the same thing in Finder, and it was a slower, more manageable process.

Is there anything I can do beyond upgrading to iMovie '08? (actually, I'd skip '08 and move right to Final Cut Express)

2. antdfsc macrumors member

antdfsc

I would skip and upgrade right to final cut express. I am a FCP user and I was really surprised at how much there is still available in express, especially for the price. I really cant even use iMovie anymore, it serves its purpose, but it can be ridiculously frustrating. But then again, for a free program, its pretty decent.