iMovie Future Updates

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JayDude132, Jun 28, 2010.

1. JayDude132 macrumors 6502

I was playing around with iMovie only to realize there wasnt really much you could do with the app as far as transitions and effects go. Do you think there will be future updates that will add onto the app?

Let me know what you guys think and what kind of effects and changes you would like to see!

-Jason

2. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

Apple has not said anything about updating the app, but it just came out so I wouldn't expect anything any time soon. One would think that if it does well (and there's no reason to believe it wouldn't), they would add more to it at a later time. You're right, though. It's a great app to have, but it's very limited in its current form.

3. JayDude132 thread starter macrumors 6502

i wasnt exactly expecting anything too soon, maybe a few months down the road or so may be plausible, though.

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I don't expect anything major. Apple hasn't added a thing to the iWork for iPad apps. I think Apple pumps these apps out real quick to display like a poodle at a dog show. But they are not going to dedicated major resources to really refine them.

5. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

they should fix the app first. crashes everytime I try to export. do you guys know if ill lose my movie files if I delete and reinstall the app?*

6. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

If you delete the app you lose all the projects you were working on.

7. JayDude132 thread starter macrumors 6502

If you mean your finished movies, then i would assume probably so. But dont hold me to that.

8. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

yeah thats lame. worked a couple hours on em and I cant get it to export. only fix anyone has is delete the app and reinstall which makes me lose the projects.

9. msduncan macrumors 6502

I have noticed after I downloaded iMovie that there wasn't much to it. I was really disappointed.

10. gwang73 macrumors 6502a

gwang73

You will lose any projects in iMovie but the "raw" video files will still be in your photo roll.

Once you export from iMovie, it will save the finished project in Photo Roll as well.

11. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

This App was a waste of money!

I cant even figure out how the hell you get a damn theme to work with a video or picture!

Anyone know what I may be doing wrong?