iMovie glitches when transitions are changed

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mrbarth, Mar 4, 2009.

1. mrbarth macrumors newbie

I am having a problem with any new iMovie project I am working on. I am using iMovie 06 (won't touch the 08 as I find it worthless for doing anything with simple photos ala ken burns but I digress...).

What is happening to me is if I have two clips, whether they be two photos (still or ken burns) or two small video clips and I have a transition between them that I need to change, for some reason when the new transition is inserted there is a flash (like a blank frame of black) real quick in the second clip/image when it is in play back. The only way to get rid of this little blip or black flash is to totally delete the two clips and recreate them again with the new length of transition. The problem with that is that if I have a large project with several photos all ready in place and in playing it back find the transitions need to be adjusted, I have to end up deleting the entire row or face getting this flash in every frame.

I have had this problem before when I deleted a transistion only to find there is a little gap left behind which I was able to slide the image over to close the gap, but in this case no matter how large I try to make the time line I am not seeing any such gap.

Any suggestions?

2. pdrobinson macrumors newbie

I am having the same problem with 08. Have you found a solution?