iMovie Half Blue/Half Green

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by dgc0225, Jan 23, 2010.

1. dgc0225 macrumors newbie

I am using iMovie '08 in an iMac but with terrible results. I am using a Sanyo-TH1 dual camcorder that I am told is compatible. I currently have a movie that I had to convert in StreamClip to even get it into iMovie (for some reason) but now some of the video clips are "normal" and some of them are half blue/half green on the entire screen. Why is that and how do I correct it? If I change to FCE would that get rid of the problem? Thanks.

2. huntercr macrumors 65816

Sounds like a bug in the MPEGStreamclip conversion.

What codec did you convert to ?

BTW, according to Sanyo's website only the VPC-F1 and VPC-HD200 are explicitly iMovie "compatible". Even though your seeming records in the same format (MP4 files)

3. dgc0225 thread starter macrumors newbie

You know, I'm not sure what codec I used. Is there a way to tell now that it is in the iMovie event library or is it too late?

If it is a bug in the StreamClip conversion...is there a way to resolve this? Should I trash StreamClip and try to download again or is that a waste of time?

I have had other issues with StreamClip for example audio not matching up with a different video. I've tried to redo that particular video using Apple Intermediate Codec (per another post) but this didn't resolve for me.

The actual camcorder has "MPEG-4 AVC / H.264" printed above the screen for what it's worth.

4. thesmall macrumors member

thanks for the info man... i was looking forward to do that tooo. but u saved me..i owe u one... :p