Imovie HD '06 resolution question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by No Mo, Aug 31, 2007.

1. No Mo macrumors newbie

Good Morning all,

First post. Love this place, always have answers to my questions. Hopefully this question as well :)

I just started using my Canon Elura 100 miniDV with Imovie HD '06 ('08 doesn't give me the features I like).

When I bring clips into the program and view them on the computer screen the resolution does not look very good. I have monitored footage from this camera on a 27" TV and it looks very crisp. When I am filming it looks great in the camera's LCD as well. But on the computer screen it does not look nearly as good. That suprised me since the window is smaller. Even during the full screen preview.

Am I stuck with lousy resolution once I burn this to DVD?

Am I not doing something correctly. I have the resolution set correctly in the import settings, I'm pretty sure.

Any help you can offer would be extremely helpful.

**Also is there a way to normalize (make the sound levels consistent volume-wise) the audio throughout the entire project without having to do it by hand for each clip?

Thanks everyone in advance!!!

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

What you see on your computer monitor is not an accurate reproduction of what you will see on your TV.

3. No Mo thread starter macrumors newbie

Well that is great. So once I burn it to DVD the full resolution will be in effect. Is that right?

So Imovie down converts it for editing?

I see there is a "show full resolution" option that didn't do anything when I clicked it. Oh well.

anyone know if there is a way to normalize (make the sound levels consistent volume-wise) the audio throughout the entire project without having to do it by hand for each clip?

4. No Mo thread starter macrumors newbie

I see Imovie '08 asks me if I woudl like to do this, but I am unable to find it on the older version?