iMovie HD 6 Watermark

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by aRandomName, Aug 23, 2007.

1. aRandomName macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have a watermark when I import any video into iMovie HD. The watermark reads, Created with Flip4Mac Trial, WWW.FLIP4MAC.COM.

Is this normal?

My computer is a MacBook Pro,I bought it two months ago.

When the video is played in quicktime it does not include a watermark.

Can I get rid of it?

Thanks!

2. Khryz macrumors 6502a

Hey! This is so weird because as we speak I'm wondering what the hell that watermark is doing on my iMovie file. I know you need Flip4Mac to be able to view WMV files from Windows machines, so you can't uninstall that or else you won't be able to import the video.

I'm hoping that once you finalize the project in iMovie it goes away? Have you tried that?

3. phytonix macrumors 6502

4. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

how are you importing the video from your computer? Try importing your footage through imovie, this way it a native quicktime format and not have to use flip for mac

5. aRandomName thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, it is possible that the fact that the filetype is MWV.

I will have to try, AVI or another filetype.

6. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

Get rid of Flip4Mac, and get VLC Media Player...itt will play .wmv. You can use it to transcode the .wmv into .mp4, go to the os X Tech tip link in my signature, and there are tutorials on exactly how to do it. No more watermark.

Brian

7. Khryz macrumors 6502a

So far I've tried to convert 2 .wmv files using VLC Player and the result mp4 file isn't looking good. The audio is about 4-5 seconds behind the video, and the beginning of the video looks inverted with the colors. Not sure if I have to adjust any of the settings other than what I saw in your tutorial.

The process was really simply and it only takes (from what I saw) a minute to convert the file. Either that, or I'm clicking the new mp4 file too early and it infact takes much longer to full convert. How long does it usually take?