Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thomasp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2004
UK
I have iMovie HD on OSX 10.4.2, running on a 15" Combo G4 PB (current revision).

Is there any way to show an iMovie movie full screen on an LCD projector connected into the DVI port (via the VGA plug thingy)?

If I have the computer set up in non-mirrored mode (I forget the correct term), so the LCD projector is showing an extension of the PB's desktop, I can't seem to get the iMovie movie full screen on the projector - only on the laptop screen.

If I switch to mirrored mode, so both laptop and projector show the same screen, iMovie quits with an error message saying the screen resolution isn't great enough to run.

How can I view an iMovie full-screen on a data/lcd projector?

Thanks for the help :)

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2004
thomasp said:
I have iMovie HD on OSX 10.4.2, running on a 15" Combo G4 PB (current revision).

Is there any way to show an iMovie movie full screen on an LCD projector connected into the DVI port (via the VGA plug thingy)?

If I have the computer set up in non-mirrored mode (I forget the correct term), so the LCD projector is showing an extension of the PB's desktop, I can't seem to get the iMovie movie full screen on the projector - only on the laptop screen.

If I switch to mirrored mode, so both laptop and projector show the same screen, iMovie quits with an error message saying the screen resolution isn't great enough to run.

How can I view an iMovie full-screen on a data/lcd projector?

Thanks for the help :)

Try exporting the video into a high quality H264 movie, then play it full screen through itunes or quicktime pro.

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
corywoolf said:
Try exporting the video into a high quality H264 movie, then play it full screen through itunes or quicktime pro.

Would that be a great idea with using h.264 on high resolution with a powerbook. I would just mirror the display, unless you need to use the other screen?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.