iMovie HD Help plzzz.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by surajnangia, Jun 25, 2007.

1. surajnangia macrumors 6502

Hi..
    i tranfered one of my videos for the first time ..
    A 60 min video is takin 15GB of space... thats to much for my HD,,
    is there a way by which i can reduce it..

2. bmcgonag macrumors 65816

bmcgonag

Not during import. Once you have imported the video. edit it as you want, then empty the trash to get rid of any segments you cut (bottom right corner of iMovie window).

Save your project...click Share>>Quicktime>>Expert Settings>>select .mp4>>Options>>set video bitrate to 768>>at bottom you can see the size the exported file will be. If it's too large make 768 smaller, if it can be larger then increase it. The higher the number the better the end quality will be.

Save, and maybe Save again...once done, check it, if it looks good, delete the iMovie Project file and empty main Trash.

Best,

Brian

its always going to be that way when in import movie clips. They are imported in the .dv format which is higher quality, and if you are going to do movie editting get used to it, your imovie projects can end up as big at 60gb! Its all in the format. I suggest if you want to do more editting, buy a 500gb external hdd with firewire 400 at least.

4. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

That is the nature of the beast. It is not a problem as that is what the DV format requires space wise. I'd start getting used to it if I were you. Oh, and you'll probably want a second hard drive as well.