imovie HD help with Ken Burns Effect

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by texasmichele, Nov 28, 2007.

1. texasmichele macrumors newbie

I was wondering if when putting your photos in a movie using the Ken Burns effect if it is possible when the zoom is finished it will pause at the ending point. I would like to zoom in on my DD cute little face and stay there for a moment to appreciate how precious she is before the next slide pops up. I would love to hear your ideas. My only idea was to put the photo in there twice and setting the second photo at the finish point of the first but I was afraid there would be a little blip and this would require lots of work!
    THanks,
    Michele

PS can you pan across a photo without zooming on it?

2. hdayala macrumors newbie

No problem

When the playhead is at the Zoom point you want to freeze, go to the menus and choose "Split at Playhead" On the Timeline, "Option Click & Drag the picture clipping you split off the picture. This will duplicate the clipping. you can duplicate as many times as you wish to make the overall picture last as long as you want. There will be no glitch - only a smooth picture viewing. Good luck

3. hdayala macrumors newbie

No problem

When the playhead is at the Zoom point you want to freeze, go to the menus and choose "Split at Playhead" ON the timeline, "Option Click & Drag the picture clipping you split off the picture. This will duplicate the clipping. you can duplicate as many times as you wish to make the overall picture last as long as you want. There will be no glitch - only a smooth picture viewing. Good luck

4. hdayala macrumors newbie

PS can you pan across a photo without zooming on it?

Yes,
    The Ken Burns effect has a "Start" point and an "End" Point. Position the Start point where you want it to be, then position the End point where you want it to be and DO NOT change the Magnification settings between points

5. texasmichele thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you

This is what I needed!
    Thanks for your help
    Michele

6. Avian801 macrumors newbie

Getting KenB effect to begin at size 1 instead of size 1.16

I need to show a still photograph unchanged for 4 seconds, then zoom in on it without a jump glitch between the static clip and the zooming clip. I have tried a million ways, but for some reason the Ken Burns effect always starts at size 1.16 instead of the normal size 1 (that is, unzoomed) that I need. I keep going to MEDIA>PHOTOS>SHOW PHOTO SETTINGS>KEN BURNS> START and then changing the value from 1.16 to 1, then pressing UPDATE. But then I run the clip again and it's still starting at 1.16. That causes an ugly jump between the clips. HELP!
    Thank you very much.
    Jamey