iMovie HD: Loss of audio in timeline editing

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by robemich, Aug 14, 2007.

1. robemich macrumors member

Working on some old footage of a wedding. The footage was imported using MiniDV passthrough using a VHS VCR. When I preview the clips (in the clip organizer on the right pane) that were created, I hear audio. But when I drag clips to the timeline to start editing them, I no longer hear the audio. I can drag the clip back to the clip organizer on the right pane, and I get the audio back.

Any ideas on what is going on here? I have made sure all the volume levels are correct, and I can not find any setting that is stopping me from here audio in the timeline. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thx.

-mike

2. robemich thread starter macrumors member

Work-Around Found

I found that if I extract the audio from each clip, then I can hear the audio in the timeline.

What a pain! Has anyone experienced this before?

-mike

3. bacher22 macrumors newbie

video type

Hey, not sure if you still need help with this subject, but I recently had the same problem and found out that it was because of my "video type" when I first started the project. It was set to "dv" instead of mp4 or some other. When I changed it back it worked. Don't know if this helps, but good luck!

4. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

[​IMG]

See the column of 3 checkboxes on the bottom right?

Make sure they're all checked. They control audio playback for each track.