Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ascender

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
I'm trying to get iMovie HD running on a Mac here as a matter of urgency. However, I get the above error message when i try to launch it. Its really important I get it up and running today, but I don't have the Install disks for Tiger here at the moment. All I have access to is another Mac with a working install of iMovie on it.

Does anyone know if there's a hidden directory or the like that might have these components stored in it? I've copied across the Quicktime directory from Library, but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

mike.

madpixl

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2009
My problem too - and I did.

I moved my entire hard drive to a bigger hard drive. I had upgraded my system and the software is only on the computer. So I used a file transfer utility to mirror the drive.

But now my I-movie HD says "Missing HD QuickTime Component"

Where can I go and get it from? I tried re-installing I-movie (not my system) from the original CD disk to no avail.

I also have an i-mac system setup (later than my macbook pro), can I somehow get i-movie off of that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.