Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

A1SteakSauce

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
I downloaded iMovie HD because as we all know iMovie '08 sucks ass. Anyway, in media>audio when I click on iLife sound effects there is nothing there. No audio files. I really need the sound of an airplane. I also tried finding sites that allow me to download extra sound effects but no luck.

Please Help!!!

Ecretmanatee

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2008
Same Issue

I've been using iMovie HD since it came out and it was in the last 6-8 weeks that those sound effects became disabled. I've reinstalled using earlier versions and then proceeded through the updates and I can't find any stage where they work.

I'm curious to find out the reason as well. The new iMovie is unusable to me.

HeyJude57

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2008
iMovie HD Missing Sound Effects

I was experiencing the same thing and going crazy trying to figure out how to import them into iMovie. I didn't figure out how to do it the regular way, but did find a way to use them easily.
1. open a new project in iMovie
2. open your folder where the iLife Sound Effects are
3. open the first one: Ambience and drag all those files into the audio part of the time line in iMovie.
4. Create another folder on your desktop and give it folders with it with the same names as the iLife folders (i.e.: Ambience, Animals, etc)
5. Now drag the files from the audio time line into the NEW folder (it will become an aiff file)
6. Once you have done this with each and every folder, you can then drag each folder separately into iTunes (which will convert them to mp3 files) and you will be able to easily see them and use them in iMovie! You can also add any other .caf (core audio file) files this way.
:D I can rest now...:D :D :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.