iMovie HD v. 6.0.3

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by embalmess, Sep 19, 2008.

1. embalmess macrumors member

So I got a new BlackMac just last month, we have iMovie HD version 6.0.3 and I'm trying to find a tutorial online for it, but it keeps taking me to iMovie '08 which we don't have and have to pay for (or else I would upgrade!) so any suggestions? I have no idea how to use the version we have. I'm trying to play with it but it's hard for a dummy like me :p:p:p

2. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

I would think that something like this book would be in order, as it covers iMovie 6 and the associated verison of iDVD- see iMovie 6 & iDVD: The Missing Manual

The Missing Manual series is pretty helpful overall based on a couple of others in the series I have.

3. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Are you sure you have iMovie 06? If you have a new Mac, you should have iMovie 08 already.

4. embalmess thread starter macrumors member

Plinden, I don't :( I checked the version and the icon is even different. iMovie 08 has a star, mine is the little movie "take 5" thing.

5. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

Where did you get the MacBook? Do you have all the other iLife 06 apps (iPhoto, iWeb, Garageband and iDVD)? iMovie 06 is a free download for owners of 08. Did you or someone else download and install it?

iLife 08 has come with new Macs for over a year.

6. embalmess thread starter macrumors member

Well, I got my BlackMac from an accredited MacStore just last month. Hmmmm : /

I looked for iLife on my computer there... I have some components of it, it seems. I dunno. Grrr.
    :eek:

7. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

What version of iPhoto, iWeb, iDVD and GarageBand do you have installed?

Check what you have on your install disk. iLife 08 should be on it.