iMovie Help needed...

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mjmar, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Mjmar macrumors 65816

I'm making a slideshow for my moms 50th Birthday in iMovie, and I have run into a problem. Some of the images that I would like to use are in the Windows bitmap format, and aren't compatible with iMovie. I do have jpeg versions of all them, but the quality of them compared to the ones in the other format is terrible! Is there any way that I can transfer all of these photos to iMovie without loosing the quality?

2. wesg macrumors regular

wesg

Bitmaps, eh? My suggestion is to create an Automator action that converts the pictures to JPEG or whichever format you like. I'm not sure which operating system you have, but Leopard definitely includes this functionality.

I just did a bitmap test using this function and it returned very little - if any - loss in quality. Give it a try!

Automator is in the Applications folder and is used by building a workflow. I would suggest using Get specified Finder items -> Copy files -> change type of image. Each item there is a new action, build them in order and drag your bitmap images into the window.

3. Mjmar thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the reply! That method works flawlessly.