iMovie help: Pictures/Audio ?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hellodon, Jun 27, 2008.

1. hellodon macrumors 6502

I am trying to put together a video using an MP3 of people talking. I want to have the picture of whoever is speaking at any given time showing while they are talking on the audio.

So like, if I have 4 people in the audio clip...one person is talking for 20 seconds..I want a picture or pictures of that person showing while that 20 seconds of the clip is playing....then say the next person is speaking for 40 seconds, I'd like it to do the same thing - show a picture or pictures of that person for those 40 seconds.

Is there a way to do this? I can't seem to figure it out. The clip is about 15 minutes long so I know this will take some time. But I dragged about 20 pictures into iMovie, and it seems to just show them all wherever it wants and only totals in at 1 minute and 18 seconds of the audio total....I can't even get it to span out for the full length even showing random pictures....let alone do it how I actually want to do it.

Any help? Is this even possible to do with iMovie?

Here is sort of an example of what I am trying to do from youtube. As you can see it shows Arnold when he's talking and shows some bum looking guy when the other person is talking

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-WzyN8SLzJY

2. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

All you would need to do is make a new project and then add the pictures in the order you need them to be shown. Drag the mp3 over the whole project thumbnail window to play it in the background and then drag/resize the pictures as required.

3. hellodon thread starter macrumors 6502

I took all the photos and put them in the order - the problem I'm running into is that I want to use the same picture multiple times and showing up for a certain length of time.... and the pictures are only showing up one time in iMovie...any idea on that?

Has anyone done this?

4. hellodon thread starter macrumors 6502

5. Savagestorm macrumors member

Couldn't you just copy and paste the images to get more than one.

6. hellodon thread starter macrumors 6502

I can copy/paste/rename them and drag them back in so I have come up with a work around even though its kind of a pain because it's difficult to know how many times I'll need it

I'm still having a problem getting the picture to show for X amount of time.....it seems like you can set how long you want it to show for but its 4-10 seconds and it sort of zooms in and fades to the next one...doesnt just show the picture and i cant drag the picture down the audio to get it to play longer, I'm trying to sort of play the sound, lay the picture in, and be able to set up its time frame somehow and I'm still not figuring out how to do that. Any suggestions?