imovie help please

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bloodycape, Apr 23, 2007.

1. bloodycape macrumors 65816

So I uninstalled imovie and then reinstalled it. However, during the reinstall the imovie plugs-ins folder was not reinstalled. I used the OSX disk to install imovie again. Now, I want to know how I can either reinstall that folder or can I just create it? I ask this because I keep getting an error message that is referring me to that folder. Thank you.

2. bloodycape thread starter macrumors 65816

So I am trying to export a file to an external hd using full quality and I get this message. I do not have as I stated a folder in my library called iMovie, so I created one along with the plug-ins folder and still the same message came up. I did what it asked and again same message again.

Please make sure that your project disk has write permission, and that you have enough disk space. This error can also be caused by some third-party iMovie HD plugins. If you have added plugins:
    1) Quit iMovie HD.
    2) Find your installed plugins. They're usually in a folder called “iMovie” in your “Library” folder.
    3) Rename the plugins folder “iMovie0”.
    4) Launch iMovie HD and try sharing again.
    When you're done sharing, you may change the folder name back to “iMovie” so the plugins are available again.
    Visit http://support.apple.com/ for more information on this issue.

The odd thing is I can save it on my MBP HD with out an issue. However, if I try to move what I just save to another HD I get an error message due to the fact the drive is formatted in fat32 and the file is close to 10gigs.

3. bloodycape thread starter macrumors 65816

Apple's support documents were not helpful so anyone?