iMovie Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Kentochan, May 3, 2011.

1. Kentochan macrumors 6502

Kentochan

I'm using iMovie '11 to make a slideshow out of some photos I have in my library. The transitions etc. are really nice, and I'm enjoying the user experience very much. However, when I go under the Inspector for the still photos, I cannot change the duration! If the original duration was, say 5 seconds, and I change it to 3 seconds, when I hit done it reverts back to the 5 seconds! Please help!!

2. axeldtf macrumors 6502

Did you go to file > project properties.. photo duration.. apply to all photos?
    That works for me.

3. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Make sure that you enter the time correctly. Not at a Mac at the moment, but note how the time is displayed, ie 0:0:5(or however) and make sure you make it 0:0:3.

4. Kentochan thread starter macrumors 6502

Kentochan

Yeah, I've tried both of the above methods, but neither of them work 100% of the time (more like 5-10% of the time actually). But as I play around with it more, I noticed that some slides consistently add 3 or 4 seconds to what I type in ie if I type in "1" second, it'll show up as "4" seconds. So overall, its still a bit buggy. Hopefully an update will come soon!

5. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Check iMovie Preferences, there is an option to display times as HH:MM:SS or not. Change the setting from what it is, and I think that will solve the above.