iMovie help

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by KmomoP, Apr 27, 2007.

1. KmomoP macrumors newbie

I made four separate videos on iMovie and want to stack them on top of eachother, making one movie... how would I go about doing this?

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

More details needed, please. Do you mean you have four separate iMovie projects and you want them merged into one? And/or what do you mean by "stacked on top of each other"?

3. MrSmith macrumors 68040

MrSmith

Share the three smallest movies to Full Quality QuickTime (in iMovie: Share > QuickTime and choose 'Compress for Full Quality'. Then drag those three QT files onto the timeline of the fourth in iMovie.

4. KmomoP thread starter macrumors newbie

Almost...

So I got all the videos onto one iMovie project, but I want the four videos to be on top of each other, in a column, all playing at the same time. Is this possible?

5. Frohike macrumors regular

You can't do this in iMovie unfortunately. You need a multi-track video editor like Final cut to do that. You're referring to picture-in-picture by the way.

6. MacDann macrumors 6502a

MacDann

Or you can pop for one of the GeeThree plugins that allows you to do PIP or other means of multiple streams in one frame.

Check them out at www.geethree.com/

With the plugins they offer you can do some pretty spectacular stuff with iMovie. For that matter, I have done some commercial video work in iMovie using GeeThree plugins because it was easier to do the post in iMovie...

MD