iMovie Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Clusty, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Clusty macrumors regular

I have 3 clips imported into iMovie. I need for them to be seamlessly integrated as if it were one big clip. Does anybody know how to do this with iMovie?

2. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

Drag them all into the into the section at the bottom. Depending on wether you have thumbnail or timeline view setup, they'll all show up down there. Once they are all in the bottom, you can drag and drop to arrange them. Once you're happy with the order, you can export them by using the export tool or clicking on share (in the menubar) and choosing one of the options in there.

3. Clusty thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for helping, but I know that much.

When you do that, when it goes from a frame to frame, between each frame it goes black for like 1/2 of a second.

4. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

I wish you had have included that in the original post..

Anyways. Did you use the timeline view? If so, make sure that there isn't any space in between the clips. I've made this mistake before.

Also, try cutting the first and last few frames of each clip. Sometimes clips have black space on either end for one reason or another.

What kind of files are you trying to combine here?

For quick jobs like this, I usually fire up my copy of VisualHub rather than messing around iMovie.

5. atmenterprises macrumors regular

You could try adding a transition between the clips so that they sort of overlap to prevent the 1/2 second of black.