imovie help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by nottechsabby, May 19, 2009.

1. nottechsabby macrumors newbie

i have imovie 09 and i would lie to just slow down or speed up the clip i recorded but the problem is when i record a video from my built in isight the program wont let me slow down or speed up the video help!!!!

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Did you record directly into iMovie or did you record in Photo Booth and then import the resulting .mov file into iMovie as an event? One thing I noticed is that after recording the clip, when I click on the cog wheel and bring the Clip Adjustment window, its prompting me to click on the Convert Entire Clip button before it will allow the speed to be adjusted, have you done this already?

3. nottechsabby thread starter macrumors newbie

yes i have it works when i record from photo booth the only problem with that is the image is backward and i'am working with letters so the letters i write come up backwards in the video.......when i record somthing using the camera in imovie it doesnt let me adjust the speed.

4. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Not sure what's going on with your iMovie '09 because the test I performed this afternoon was recording in iMovie 09 from the iSight to a new event, taking the entirety of the recorded clip, putting it into a project, and then opening the clip adjustments to change the speed. As far as the lettering is concerned, I believe there's an option in Photo Booth to change the orientation, i.e. whether it will capture a mirror image or not...