iMovie->iDVD quick question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Eric Lewis, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

So i made the greatest movie ever in the history of movies with iMovie and my firewire dv camera...its all edited and perfect...now i want to burn it to a dvd and add a menu etc...so i though idvd would be perfect...so how do i take this amazing movie from iMovie and then put it into iDVD without doing complicated stuff...thanks

2. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

I usually quit iMovie, start iDVD, pick a theme and hit "add a movie" and pick my iMovie project. I think you have to keep your iMovie project somewhere under Movies folder. This is with iMovie HD '06, if you have '08 versions I don't know whether this easy method still works.

By the way, if you add chapter markers in iMovie, iDVD will automatically create an extra menu for your movie where you can jump to a "scene". Again, this is for '06 version.

3. Eric Lewis thread starter macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

Ok

Can iMovie stuff from iLife 06(iMovie HD) be able to be used in the new iDVD 08?

4. millap macrumors regular

You have to go to the Share menu in iMovie, and then choose to share to the Media Browser. When you next open iDVD (or any of the other iLife Apps), your movie will appear in the media browser.

5. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

Based on some online reports, yes.