iMovie/ iLife issues...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Drew017, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Drew017 macrumors 65816

Drew017

I'm using iMovie 08, and I have a few questions...

1. How can I add music to a video, but have the music last longer? I want the music to finish playing after the video has stopped

2. There were a lot more transitions and and titles in the old versions of iMovie. Where are they?

3. I tried to install iLife 11 on my Mac, but neither iMovie nor iPhoto 11 will work. I had to go back to the 08 versions, which I don't like...

Please help me!!

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Put a blank title at the end of the video clip, and time it to last as long as the music.

Yeah, iMovie08 and 09 were pants, that's why I continued to use iMovie6HD until iMovie11 came out. Do you still not have iMovie6HD.

There should be no reason why iMovie11 doesn't work. It should install on top of iMovie 08. Open what you think is iMovie08 and in the Menu Bar click on iMovie>About iMovie, and check what the info panel says.

3. Drew017 thread starter macrumors 65816

Drew017

Thanks. For some reason, though, I can't install iLife 11 at all. iMovie must have become corrupted on the disk. Other apps work fine, though.

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

You could always get iMovie11 from the App store. I think it's about $11 and well worth the upgrade from iMovie8.