Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
I just showed iMovie and iPhoto to a couple friends new to IOS. It was fairly embarrassing.

All this work Apple's done, it feels like got to 95% & just gave it a "good enough". iPhoto doesn't sync fully, Garageband can't open Garageband files, Videos on the iPad is so badly organized and arranged and incapable the iMovie app is almost completely useless.

Not good.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
I really, really hope they keep the skeuomorphism in the iLife for iOS apps! It's part of their charm and adds to their functionality!

There are places where skeuomorphism works..garage band is one example.

Lord Hamsa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2013
I think the rumor was that iWork apps would be free since there are now free versions of those apps on iCloud.

Just a note, I've used the beta briefly, and "free" may be a bit misleading as it appears to count against your iCloud storage limits. So to use it seriously at all, you're likely going to need a paid iCloud account in order to store your files. It's probably going to be OK for casual use, though.

mikecorp

Suspended
Mar 20, 2008
what bothers me

that the iCloud if not well integrated between IOS OSX and iCloud.

You create a gallery in iPhone but is way to difficult to send to iPhoto. Movie projects to iMovie in OSX is insane entire thing doesn't work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.