iMovie is cutting in wrong place and labelling my PAL clips as NTSC :(

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by RedTomato, Apr 17, 2007.

1. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

I run iMovie HD on 10.3.9 on a PB15 1.5GHZ.

Recently I've been noticing some odd bugs in my iMovie e.g.

- Imported some PAL footage, start cutting, then notice all my cuts have been made in the wrong place in the timeline, sometimes up to 5 minutes away from where I actually made them!

After putting clips in and out of the trash a few times, the cut points finally got put back to where they should be.

This has happened a few times :(

My latest problem:

- Saved my project then closed iMovie. When I restarted, all my clips were gone! found them in the iMovie trash, but all my edit work has gone :( I have to re-cut!

- After moving files back from trash, they are now labelled as NTSC. Nooo! they are PAL! How can I relabel them as PAL?

Do I need to re-import my footage again?

More fundamentally, is my iMovie application hosed?

Thanks if you can help please.

2. MOFS macrumors 65816

MOFS

Regarding the NTSC/ PAL problem, make sure you set the default framerate to PAL in the iMovie ----> Preferences section. It might be by defualt set to NTSC.

3. RedTomato thread starter macrumors 68040

RedTomato

Aye, that was the first thing I checked. There's nothing there about PAL / NTSC. Odd. I remember there being something there before.

Any other suggestions?
    Penzance / Penwith born and bred here, now ex-pat in dark smoky London. Mebyon Kernow rules :)

4. KeithPratt macrumors 6502a

I've got a problem with iMovie cutting in the wrong place too. It's doing it with HDV (or, more accurately, AIC) footage. Haven't noticed it on DV, but I haven't used that recently.

It seems to be cutting less than a second away from where I'm telling it to, and it's cutting in the same wrong place each time I attempt the same cut (e.g. I attempt to cut at 00:04:26:07 and it seems to always cut at 00:04:26:18).

We seem to be on the same metaphorical "boat" on one issue. So I can't really help you can I?!

Anyone??

Oh, and I'm running 10.4.9 (it was doing it in 10.4.8) on a MacBook.