imovie keeps freezing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bloodycape, Apr 18, 2007.

1. bloodycape macrumors 65816

Well you could say sort of. The issue is every time I export a file to DV format using iMovies recommend settings, it would go all the way to end and freeze. It will stay stuck at the point where it says less than a minute is left. Therefore, after waiting say 30mins of that screen I would have to force quit iMovie. The thing is the file is complete and I can burn it to disk. However, I can not move the file to another HD, as in the middle of transfer I will get an error saying I cannot move the DV file. The DV file could be 7gigs and I would have 30gigs of space free on the other HD.

A related issue is I can not use iMovie export feature to export the file to an external HD as I get an error in the middle of exporting the file. Therefore, what should I do to resolve this issue? Thank you.

2. diamond3 macrumors 6502a

Maybe this will save you some time. If you go to your iMovie project file, you can right click and hit the show package contents. Then you can browse through your files and find the dv file in iMovie that you want to copy. Copy and then paste it in your desired location.

Maybe this will help you get around your problem. Also it should save you some time because you don't have to wait for iMovie to create another dv file.

3. bloodycape thread starter macrumors 65816

well i am making a dv of a finished movie project so I dont think that is what I am looking for. Would reinstalling iMovie help?

4. bloodycape thread starter macrumors 65816

5. bloodycape thread starter macrumors 65816

Can any one please assist me? It would be really apreciated.