iMovie Missing Data

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by WaspStar75, Oct 19, 2010.

1. WaspStar75 macrumors newbie

Feb 21, 2008
    My hard drive crashed and corrupted some of my iMovie MOVs.

When launching iMovie, I get a series of alerts (attached image). I'm trying to find what is making iMovie look for these files so I can clear out the reference. I tried searching for the file name and nothing comes up. I already know the file is missing, I'd just like iMove to stop looking for it.

Attached Files:

2. WaspStar75 thread starter macrumors newbie

Feb 21, 2008
    To answer my own question, Aperture was also looking for the corrupted files, as I must have originally imported them in Aperture. iMovies scans Aperture's videos and thus, could not find what it was looking for.
  3. Diveactive macrumors newbie

Mar 9, 2008
    I movie problems big time

Yes I movie had real trouble . and it need to be addressed by the pros from APPLE

I have the same trouble with But i think its also to do with Quick time as Some clips from 7d come up with the same massage .

I just cannot use I Movie . i have been in Forums and Been to two mack shops and spent a hole day . and then get home and it all starts again. What the hell is it with this. This only started after up dates .

Please MAC sort it out . Im losing time and money trying to sort this problem out.
    Oh AndI not when playing on another mac from external hard drive the same thing happens . We have taken out the I movie and its file , re installed and still the same. i have deleted Quick time and installed from the web , it come up ( need to down load from mac up dates ) I used the one from OSX Leopard. Come to think of it this has been going on ever since i loaded Leopard . :eek: help!