iMovie movie clip problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ichii, Jun 8, 2007.

1. ichii macrumors 6502

ichii

I'm having problem dragging and dropping movie clip mov files and it won't work. When I click on the file the box just turns gray. I did this before to make my movies, but it won't work now. The only thing I did was update Quicktime and iTunes.

2. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

Does your movie clip play in QuickTime?

Does restarting iMovie help? How about a reboot?

If you start a new iMovie project, does it work?

If all of these fail, then start a new iMovie project in another account and see if the problem persists there.

3. djbrickhouse macrumors member

had the exact same problem last night. I found a weird workaround, but it is not elegant.

I drag my clips from the clip box to the desktop, this saves them as a .dv file (at least mine did), then I can drag them from the desktop to the timeline and voila! solved.

I would like to know how to really fix this as it is not elegant at all...

4. ichii thread starter macrumors 6502

ichii

The movie clip plays in quicktime, I tried rebooting and starting a new project and it still the same. I made a movie in April and the drag and drop worked fine. The only thing I did since then was updating iTunes and Quicktime. I'm new to mac is there a function like xp where I can restore to an earlier date or to remove the Quicktime update.
    Thanks for the help

5. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

How about creating a new user and starting a new project from there? If that works, it could be some preference or cache file.