iMovie: non-moving text?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by weeag, Jul 25, 2007.

1. weeag macrumors regular

So all I want to do is add non-moving, non-animated text to my movie... is this not possible? Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help.

Running iMovie HD 6.0.3

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

uumm there are heeps of options that allow you to have still text. the standard ones are "music video" and a few other similar ones....cant remember the actual names tho. they are there tho.

3. twocargar macrumors newbie

twocargar

Re: iMovie: non-moving text?

Click the Editing tab, click Transitions, and try "Centered Title" or "Music Video" for non-moving/animated titles.

Good luck,

TCG
    http://www.appledoctor.net

4. weeag thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replies... I guess I was a little too vague in my question.

I did see those, and though they are non-moving they aren't what I need. Music video heaps all the text onto the left side, centered text makes the second line of text smaller than the first, subtitles puts it on the bottom.

I need something that I can place text either at the top of the screen or in the middle (the option to place text wherever I want would be nice) with multiple lines that are the same size.

I'm not seeing anything like that.

Thanks for the continued help.

Brian

5. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

Is this text going to be displayed over black background? If so, you can just write something up in a text editor in landscape view with any color background, print it as pdf, cut it to 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio in Preview, save it as jpg and import it into iMovie should work. More work, but you gain a lot more flexibility.

6. weeag thread starter macrumors regular

Great suggestion... I ended up making a slide in photoshop with the text I wanted. I wonder if there is a plug-in somewhere that would eliminate that middle task?

Thanks for all the help everyone!