iMovie on iPad Pro

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mbaturin, Mar 28, 2016.

1. mbaturin macrumors regular

mbaturin

For some reason every time i try to create a movie in iMovie on the iPad Pro, when I select a video the whole app freezes until i force quit. I can't actually do anything. I've tried to delete and re download the app - no luck there. Anyone else have this issue and maybe a fix? It works fine on my (less powerful) iPhone 6s Plus.

2. mpetrides macrumors member

Have you tried rebooting your IPP? (Hold the power and home buttons simultaneously until it restarts)

If that doesn't work you might have to restore the IPP using iTunes. I was having problems with all the games on my IPP not having sound, even though the sound worked fine otherwise. Delete/redownload apps didn't work. Restarting (rebooting) IPP didn't work. Then I backed up the IPP and restored it (I took the drastic step of restring as a new iPad) and everything works fine.

Because I chose to restore as new and then reload everything onto the IPP de novo, I lost some PDFs I had imported into iBooks but I knew that would happen. You can restore from the backup and avoid this problem. I just wanted to be sure I had a completely fresh restart--kind of like doing a clean install when you update Mac OS X.

3. mbaturin thread starter macrumors regular

mbaturin

Yeah I've tried hard and soft reboots - both to no avail. I'm considering also restoring as new. Just a huge pain to do so.