iMovie on the iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jinny1, Jul 18, 2010.

1. jinny1 macrumors member

I updated my iPad software and got the message iMovie could not be loaded until I updated my software (?)
    There are no further updates, but does this mean we may someday get the phone app for the iPad?

2. TorontoLRT macrumors 6502

^Good useless answer. Did you even read the question? :rolleyes:

3. celticpride678

No, that's just a default error message.

However, when the iPad gets a camera (if), look for iMovie to be coming too.

4. lozpop macrumors 6502

Do you think that in November, when iOS 4.2 will finally come to the iPad, we will see iMovie for iPad, too?

It would be great to import HD videos with the camera connection kit and doing some video editing.

What do you think?

5. MRU Suspended

MRU

I'm waiting for the guy to rush in shout 256mb or ram, how were all doomed and desert the thread.

It's possible we will see iMovie on the iPad.

Will it be November? Who knows....

6. poloponies Suspended

I've used it exactly twice on my iPhone. There's a "hey, look what I can do with my phone!" novelty to it, but for the majority of users there's little value in it.

7. gatearray macrumors 65816

Sad but true, for me as well.

And as much as I really hate hearing the constant din of complaints around here regarding RAM on the iPad, I have to wonder if 512mb was needed on iPhone 4 not only for the HD video recording (the primary reason) but also for so nimbly working with 720P @ 30fps in the iMovie app, as well. I mean, it does render playback of those transitions awfully fast, doesn't it?

8. TangoDown macrumors regular

Not wanting to start another thread; new iPhone 4 user and just imported a HD video via CCK to my iPad. Amazed at the quality and the pinch zoom capability. Now it's bigger, it's much easier to edit but no iMovie for it in app store, natch. I knew that but still tried..
    Question is, what are people using to edit movies on the iPad (if they are)? I think I've only seen ReelDirector - is that pretty much the one to go with?