Imovie/Premier Pro Help!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by user123name123, Mar 18, 2011.

1. user123name123 macrumors newbie

I have an iMovie file that I desperately need to convert to Adobe Premier Pro (I use Mac) so that i can complete the edit and load it as a podcast file, but i dont want to loose all the editing i have already done on imovie, i.e cutting all the clips down again, etc.

is this possible? is there anyone i could send the file to and then they send it back as a premier file? or anything i can do myself?

I hope you can offer me some advice!

Thankyou!

2. simsaladimbamba

You can export the finished sequence from iMovie, take a look at the SHARE menu or the FILE menu. Take the highest possible and matching resolution and use Apple Intermediate Codec (AIC) for video and uncompressed for audio.
    Adobe Premiere will be able to read that AIC encoded video and can also edit it.

3. legreve macrumors regular

legreve

Why on Earth did you not do all the editing in Premiere Pro in the first place if you have it? iMovie is a joke compared to PP.

4. user123name123 thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't have premier pro in the first place! that is my whole dilemma ....

5. user123name123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, so (im a basic user!)

I can share or export...and when i do i have a million options of where to do it to...e.g. video camera, quicktime etc...? which option do i choose? i think i have a basic version of i movie...!

6. simsaladimbamba

There is only a basic version of iMovie, though there are different versions every 18 months or so. The current one is iMovie from iLife '11.
    What version do you have?

I currently don't have iMovie installed and am unable to do so to test, but the QuickTime option should be the correct one.