iMovie Problem when recording using iSight

bingefeller

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Northern Ireland
I'm rather concerned about the loud pop noise that my speakers give off when I select my iSight camera in iMovie HD. Would anyone know how I can remedy this? I checked the sound preference and none of the input level bars were up that far.

I am using an internal iSight.

My iMovie is iMovie HD 6.0.3.

I use a 17inch iMac Intel Core 2 Duo 2ghz running OS X 10.4.8.

My device for soundinput is the built in mic.

Would anyone have any idea as to why this happens?

Britanium

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2007
I have no idea why this is happening to you. I just tried it on my MBP using the same version of iMovie and iSight, and there was no loud popping sounds here - I tried it twice...

bingefeller

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Northern Ireland
I have no idea why this is happening to you. I just tried it on my MBP using the same version of iMovie and iSight, and there was no loud popping sounds here - I tried it twice...
Hmm..... I'm probably doing something wrong or I have the wrong settings or something. It doesn't happen to me all the time. I've recorded three short videos and it happened twice.

bingefeller

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Northern Ireland
Do you have another iSight you could try?

If not, do you at least have another mic to try?
No, I don't. I am just using the built in mic..... I'm not really into it that much, it's more of a hobby to me. :)

OK I just tried again and I had the volume muted and, when I moved the little slider over, it didn't make the sound. I really don't know what's causing this. I guess I"ll just live with it the way it is.