iMovie problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jd1083, Nov 14, 2011.

1. jd1083 macrumors newbie

I've been working on an imovie project for 3 weeks now and all the sudden, when I open imovie, nothing shows in the preview pane. When I go over the gray preview box, I can see the clip play when I move my cursor "along the clip". I have to click the drop down menus or a drag a window on top of the preview pane for the clips to show. Also although I can see all events, I can't click on any of them. I've tried copying the project but I guess its corrupt or something. Any ideas?

2. sublife macrumors newbie

I have just occurred the exact same problem. Did you manage to find out how to resolve it?

3. ObuckiO macrumors regular

I read a few other posts on this problem, and some spoke about time machine. A few had similar problems with the project alone, and said they copy & pasted what they could to new project..(few had no loss with it that way). So it basically act's like the program froze w/ a few things still workable? I very much hope you get your work back, I know how that sucks.
    I personally would also try tweeking it by duplicate, show full screen, etc. (which you probably done) Again, hope someone can give you direct help.