iMovie problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Drew017, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Drew017 macrumors 65816

Drew017

Hello... I really like that welcome video that plays on first- boot, and I want it on iTunes. So... I got the intro.mov and the intro-sound.mp3 from the setup assistant app, and copied them to my desktop. Next, I opened iMovie 06 (HD) and hit "Create New Project". Then I copied the intro movie and sound to my project... and ran into a problem. The video was about half the quality of the original! I mean, it's not that bad, but it isn't as good as "HD" should be. Any Help???

PS- I wasn't sure what topic to post under...

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

The HD in iMovieHD, just means that you can edit HD video, not that it will produce an HD quality movie from a basic Quicktime movie.

3. Drew017 thread starter macrumors 65816

Drew017

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

I'm afraid that you probably can't, not on your setup anyway. Importing a file into iMovie will convert it to Digital Video(DV) so that loses your HD resolution. You can import HD video from miniDV tapes, but it has to be done from the camcorder.

5. Cam1, Feb 17, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012

Cam1 macrumors newbie

Cam1

To make iMovie HD edit and export HD video, you need to make a new project. In the new project window go down to where it says "Video format", and click on the arrow to the left of it. There it will show you what resolution and video format you project is. Then, change it from the default "DV", to "HD 720p".

[​IMG]

If you need more help with iMovie HD, or iMovie 11 visit my website: http://www.imoviehowto.com

6. Drew017 thread starter macrumors 65816

Drew017