iMovie problems - How do I import VIDEOS from iPhoto? I tried...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by -Josh-, Feb 6, 2008.

1. -Josh- macrumors regular

Hey everyone.
    I'm new with iMovie and this is all pretty damn confusing. I have a bunch of short nothing videos in my "iPhoto videos" area. but I can't seem to get to my newly added videos in iPhoto. I play them in iPhoto all the time, they're grouped by event and such but I can't for the life of me get them into the area.

What am I doing wrong?

2. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

that's strange...

all of my iPhoto movies automatically get imported into iMovie...

if I add a new video into iPhoto, the next time i start iMovie, it auto-imports it

have you checked your settings in iMovie/iPhoto?

3. -Josh- thread starter macrumors regular

All of my videos play just fine in iPhoto. When I click on my videos in iPhoto it launches quicktime.
    I don't know why, but maybe these are not supported. I don't know what my files are, I just took them on my Samsung digital camera. It's a decent camera and my movies were recorded in the highest quality possible.

Help?

4. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

isn't that what is supposed to happen?
    All of my iPhoto videos (within iPhoto) open up in Quicktime too.. I just thought that was the way it was..

5. autodigit macrumors newbie

i had the same problem at one point. i solved it by dragging the videos from the iphoto library to the desktop. it came up as a .mpeg file then.
    gluck

6. ToddJ macrumors 6502

I am also having this problem now, but dragging them from iPhoto doesn't seem to work. Anyone else having this problem? should i try to reinstall iMovie and see if that helps? if i try that, will my projects still be saved?

7. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

Imovie SHOULD automatically ask you to generate thumbnails for video in iphoto, what is it importing, you you can create a folder in the finder menu under movies, or documents or what ever you please and drag and drop those videos right from iphoto into that folder, then go into imovie and go file, import, files, and select those file sin that folder you made and import them that way, or you can import them straight off the camera