iMovie Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chattahoochee, May 22, 2015.

1. chattahoochee macrumors 6502

I have iMovie 10, I cannot "Split" or "Move" clips. I have reviewed many tutorial & advices given on the internet. I simply install a movie select a point to split, going to "Modify" split is not shown as active.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Did you go to File > New Movie...
    Select a Theme > create > and name it?

You can't just import a clip and work on it without following those steps first
    Then you can manipulate the clip you imported

So just checking to see if that has been done first and we can go from there

3. chattahoochee thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank's MacDawg, you are correct, I moved the video to the lower section (with blue base) and was able to split the clips. Only one other problem, I tried to insert a second video (Animation) I wanted to insert into the split, I had to use the "Add Event" to get it to install. However, when I did get it installed it was no problem to insert into the split.
    Thanks again.

4. chattahoochee thread starter macrumors 6502

I still have a problem ! At times after inserting a video and moving it to the lower portion the "Blue" line will show allowing for "Clip Split", other times the "Blue" line is absent. This is a dilemma I can't seem to get over.
    What am I doing wrong ????