iMovie Problems...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by myrtledog, Nov 7, 2015.

1. myrtledog macrumors member

Just got a late 2015 iMac i7 and find that iMovie is constant crashing on me. Lots of beach balls and then it closes down...

I previously had a late 2013 iMac i5 and it did the same thing. I thought the new iMac with more power would eliminate the beach balls and crashes.

I'm not doing anything I'd consider to be very intensive. Just home videos etc.

Is iMovie just known to be twitchy or is there something else I'm doing wrong?

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Which version of iMovie, and did you buy it from the App Store?

3. myrtledog thread starter macrumors member

It's the latest version. It came pre-installed on my new iMac from a week ago.

4. Evren Carven macrumors regular

Evren Carven

I encounter similar situation sometimes. The iMovie crashed occasionally when editing or exporting a large video. It didn't occur to try again when this happened.

5. myrtledog thread starter macrumors member

What I'm finding is that sometimes when I import video into a project it doesn't always fully import. I end up with black picture over audio. These black video segments never actually loads video.

Lots of beach ball fun going on...

6. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

OK. If you'd bought it I was going to suggest deleting it and re-installing from the App Store.

7. bt22 macrumors 6502

iMovie is free and has been for some time. All of Apple's office suite is free with any new purchase. I would recommend deleting and reinstalling. Apple also offers free support. I was having issues installing EL Capitan on my Mac Mini. I contacted support and they helped me. My machine has not run this good in a long time. I don't want to recommend what they had me do as I am not sure it is related. I would strongly suggest you give them a shot.https://getsupport.apple.com/