iMovie Project will not open.

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by bigmac7, Nov 21, 2011.

1. bigmac7 macrumors member

I had an iMovie project I was working on, but I needed to free up space on my hard drive. I moved some old projects to my external hard drive, but not the one I was working on.

I went into iMovie after the move, and all of the projects were gone including the one I left on my hard drive. When I go to finder and look under "iMovie Projects" I see the project I am working on, but when I click on it, nothing happens. I am not sure what to do, and I am very worried I lost the ability to open and work on the project. Any help would be great. Thanks

2. cgbier macrumors 6502a

Did you also move the media/events? Looks like your project is pointing to a directory you have moved or deleted.

3. bigmac7 thread starter macrumors member

I did move events, but I kept the event of the project I am working on, and I do see that event in iMovie. It is just the project that seems to be missing. Could the problem possibly be related to the fact that I created folders in my external hard drive titled "iMovie Projects" and ''iMovie Events'' as well, and iMovie is confused?

4. cgbier macrumors 6502a

5. bigmac7 thread starter macrumors member

I tried that, still nothing. If I click on the project file in the finder, iMovie will open, but once iMovie is open, no project opens. Very frustrating!