iMovie projects missing (despite correct count)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kmakice, Dec 8, 2013.

1. kmakice macrumors newbie

Since upgrading my MacBook Pro to Mavericks -- and thus automatically to iMovie 10 -- I have twice had in-progress projects disappear from the "All Projects" list. The count of project is correct (5), but I can only see the two that were in the previous version of iMovie prior to the upgrade.

This seems to happen after closing iMovie (or having it crash) and re-opening it, but not every time.

I have searched on my hard drive and cannot find any evidence of it, yet iMovie is counting something that seems right.

Does someone know where I might find my in-progress movies?

Attached Files:

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Finder>Movies>iMovie Library.imovielibrary

With the new iMovie 10, projects are now stored in the iMovie Library.imovielibrary in your Movies folder in Finder. Right click on the iMovie Library.imovielibrary and click on Show Package Contents. Once you show the contents, you should find your projects stored in there. I posted a photo to show you where to look.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Attached Files:

3. kmakice thread starter macrumors newbie

I found the .imovieevent files in there, so thanks for confirming I'm not crazy that I edited some video.

However, I'm not sure what to do with them now. They propagate in that library package every time I create a new project, and they disappear from iMovie's project list when I quit and re-open the app.

4. firedept, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013

firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Just curious about something. Looks like you may be saving edited versions of the same project or iMovie may be. I see a (v1) behind the one project title. Am I assuming correctly? If so, then maybe iMovie is misreading some of the titles or showing all the edited versions as just one projects folder with all the edited versions enclosed within it. I am only guessing at this. Otherwise I am not quite sure why they are not reappearing in your Projects Library as 5 different projects.

I have tried several different things over the last little while with no luck at recreating what you are getting.

I know what you mean by propagate. I tried using iMovie 10 for a few days and had similar results. You can just deleted them from the new iMovie Library.